I’ve been blogging for more than 10 years now, and I just put together my very first holiday gift guide. I’ve been watching other bloggers for years, but it just seemed like so much work.
It is, but we’re already seeing increased traffic, higher click-through rates, and more affiliate sales than ever before. So, I am tentatively ready to say it’s worth it.
The other reason I avoided it is because they all seemed to be about the same. I wanted to be sure that my theme was unique, represented my personality, and brought something special to our readers. I think that’s exactly what we did — and it seems to be the standard for Indy Geek Girls as well.
Here are some awesome holiday gift guides from Indianapolis women bloggers:
- Toys Mom Won’t Hate, a gift guide by Miscellaneous Mom (that’s me!) featuring toys kids will love that moms won’t mind having around
- Kitchen Countertop Appliances, a gift guide by Sara Croft featuring a few of her favorite small appliances
- I Love Indy, a gift guide by Sara Croft featuring local artisans and business around Indianapolis
- His and Hers Kitchen Tools and Gadgets, another gift guide by Sara Croft (and her guy!) featuring great stocking stuffers for the foodie in your life.
- A Debt Free Girls’ Gift Guide, a list by Cherie Lowe featuring gifts and tools for someone pursuing a debt-free lifestyle
- Screen-Free, Playful Gifts for Kids of All Ages, a gift guide by Angie Six featuring fun gifts to keep your kids active
- PLAYindy Holiday Wishlist, a gift guide by Katy Mann featuring awesome gifts your kids will love to play with all year long
- 5 Holiday Gifts for Preschool-Aged Boys under $25, a gift guide by Mom 4 Less featuring frugal giftgs for little boys
- Edible Indy Holiday Gifts, a gift guide by Michelle McNally featuring the best treats in Indianapolis